Why Should You Have A Tooth Extraction Before Your Next Date
We will answer this question with one simple answer. A tooth extraction will help you be your best self for your date.
The new year is kicking off full speed, and we will soon be going outa on dates!
Being your best self is important. Most of the ladies schedule facial treatments and dress fitting days early for dates. On one hand, most men are working on the restaurant bookings, chocolate shopping, and flower picking.
You are not your best self when you are suffering from toothaches and even headaches. If you have an impacted wisdom tooth then you need a wisdom tooth extraction. Another cause of extraction is if you have a tooth suffering from decay. Whatever it is, a tooth extraction procedure helps remove the things that are bringing you down.
When do I need a tooth extraction?
There are three main reasons why a tooth extraction in Toronto, Ontario happens.
- A tooth badly damaged by decay will need extraction when dental restorations can no longer fix it. Sometimes the extent of the damage is too big for a simple filling. In order to protect the other teeth, a tooth extraction happens.
If this doesn’t convince you, then you have to understand that tooth decay leads to bad breath. Nobody wants a date with bad breath.
- An impacted wisdom tooth needs to be extracted because this can cause pain on your other teeth. You’ll not be able to focus on your tasks, or on your date if something is pressing against your other teeth. Other than toothaches, a wisdom tooth extraction also lessens headaches, and other orofacial pain.
- Your dentist also does tooth pulling is to make room in the mouth for the other tooth to align properly. This is usually done in connection with orthodontic treatments.
How long does it take for my gums to heal after a tooth extraction?
Recovery after a tooth extraction lasts between seven to ten days. However, this will depend on the location and the type of extraction. One amazing thing about the body is that it heals by itself. What you can do during this time is to help speed up the healing time.
Tooth extraction aftercare
- It is important to take the prescribed painkillers by your dentist. This helps to relieve any minor discomfort that you may feel after the procedure.
- Do not remove the initial gauze pad placed. Leave it there for the first four hours after the procedure.
- Apply an ice bag on the area. You can leave it there for not more than ten minutes at a time. Leaving an ice pack too long can damage the tissues.
- Rest for the first 24 hours after the extraction. Avoid any strenuous activities for the meantime that might result in bleeding. Examples of this are heavy lifting and even bending.
- To help your blood clot where the extraction happened, avoid rinsing, spitting or using a drinking straw. This is only for the first 24 hours.
- For the time being, avoid using a mouthwash as well during the crucial 24 hours.
- After the first 24 hours are over, rinse your mouth with a solution made of salt and warm water.
- Consume only soft foods like mashed potatoes and yogurt. Try to chew on the opposite side of your mouth, away from the extraction area.
- Avoid smoking, if possible, forever. Smoking interrupts the healing process and might cause inflammation. The disadvantages of smoking greatly outweigh the benefits. For the good of your dental health, we encourage you to quit it once and for all.
- Schedule a follow-up appointment with your dentist to track the progress of your healing.
If you need a wisdom tooth extraction or any kind of tooth extraction we highly suggest that you do it soon. Schedule an appointment with your dental clinic today.
You are the best version of yourself when you are happy and you feel good about yourself. When you feel good about yourself, you are more confident in dates.